Friday, July 20, 2007

Chimera Cheney

Everyone has already made fun of Vice President Cheney's claim that he is not part of the executive branch of the government, and so not subject to any oversight in how his office deals with classified information, even while claiming "executive privilege" in refusing to provide documents subpoenaed by Congress. (My favorite comment was that Cheney had taken refuge in an undisclosed location of the Constitution.)

One further point: If Cheney is not part of the executive branch, what was he doing with classified documents belonging to the executive branch? Perhaps he should return them. (And as soon as possible.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is not necessarily about Cheney, it's more about Gitmo Bay. Technically isn't it true that Congress has the power to deal with prisoners of war...I read this in the Constitution, "....To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;" therefore the Bush Admin is in violation of the Constitution. I mean the BA does have these people at Gitmo and Congress never made a ruling on how they were/are to be treated or housed. Where am I wrong in my thinking on this?

Email is russmcdaniel@gmail.com
I don't care if you post my addy.