Saturday, September 01, 2007

Governing Competently

Back in July, Republican Presidential candidate Mitt Romney, talking about Democratic proposals to provide better health care to the uninsured, said that "I don't want the guys who ran the Katrina cleanup running my health care system."

Let's take that idea one step further. Do we really want the guys who ran the Katrina cleanup to continue to run the Katrina cleanup?

In fact, given what we have seen of the Bush administration's non-response to Katrina, mis-administration of Iraq following the invasion, and mis-management of the Justice Department, do we really want Republicans running anything?

The Republican party has historically claimed competence as one of its virtues. Now it can't.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I’m now not certain where you’re getting your information, however good topic. I must spend a while finding out more or figuring out more. Thank you for wonderful info I used to be looking for this information for my mission.